The rule of thumb when you receive a compliment is to simply and humbly say “Thank you” or “Thank you; I appreciate your kind words.” By accepting the compliment, you show gratitude for the other person’s kind remarks and do not come off as vain, bashful or prideful.
Then, What to say if someone says you look good?
If someone says you look good, you can simply say thank you and move on. This is probably one of the easiest ways to answer “You look so good!” However, your answer may be incredibly deceiving. If it is a person who you rarely see and just walk by, saying thank you and not going into detail is a good option.
But also, How do you say thank you gracefully?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
How do you respond to a informal compliment? If someone takes the time to give you a compliment, you should accept it with an enthusiastic, heart -felt “thank you. ”
1. Be appreciative
- Thanks for noticing!
- I appreciate that.
- That means a lot coming from you.
- Thanks. That really means a lot.
- Thanks for noticing.
- You think so? Thanks so much!
- Aww! Thanks.
Similarly, How do I get gracefully?
Don’t let that happen to you.
- Receive gratefully. Return a warm reception and offer sincere appreciation to the giver.
- Receive graciously. Show dignity, esteem, and respect for the giver, no matter the gift.
- Receive gracefully.
Is you look good a compliment?
“You look great!” is a flattering compliment to receive but tacking on “…for your age” to the tail-end may backfire. This can be taken as a form of ageism, or “the stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination against people on the basis of their age” according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
How do you respond to a nice picture?
I think the best response is a simple “Thank you.” If you have better photos than the ones they’re complimenting, you might even say, “Thanks – I’d love to show you some of my better work too.” But always be thankful for the compliment even if you don’t feel the work is as good as they think it is.
How do you compliment a guy?
115 Compliments for Men
- You are so handsome. …
- You have a great sense of style. …
- I love to watch you move. …
- Just looking at you makes me smile. …
- When I look into your eyes, I see intelligence, humor, and kindness. …
- You smell fantastic. …
- Your smile is my favorite thing. …
- Don’t rush to shave on my account.
How do you appreciate someone?
Personal thank you
- I appreciate you!
- You are the best.
- I appreciate your help so much.
- I’m grateful to you.
- I wanted to thank you for your help.
- I value the help you’ve given me.
- I am so thankful for you in my life.
- Thanks for the support.
How do you appreciate someone for good work?
For a job well done
- Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.
- Wonderful, this is more than I expected.
- This is so great I don’t need to make any revisions to it at all.
- I appreciate your critical thinking around this project.
- Well done—and ahead of deadline too!
- You are such a team player.
How do you say I appreciate that?
I really appreciate it. / You shouldn’t have.
- “I can’t believe you did this! You shouldn’t have. But thank you so much. This was very kind of you.”
- “What a thoughtful gift. I really appreciate this!”
How do you reply to you are kind?
For example, in the context of an act of service or lending a favor, among older speakers it is common to answer “Thank you, [you’re too kind].” with “You’re welcome.” Younger speakers may say “It’s nothing” or “No problem”. See also “My pleasure” or “anytime” as other valid responses.
How do you praise someone?
Complimenting the Whole Person
- I appreciate you.
- You are perfect just the way you are.
- You are enough.
- You’re all that and a super-size bag of chips.
- On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re an 11.
- You’ve got all the right moves.
- Everything would be better if more people were like you.
- You are an incredible human.
What can I say instead of thanks for a compliment?
A stranger on the street just gave you a compliment. Say: “I don’t know what to say. Thank you.”
Thank you. / Thanks so much. / Thanks a lot. / Thanks a bunch. / Thanks a ton. / Thanks!
- “Thanks a bunch! I really need an extra dose of caffeine right now!”
- “Thanks! You’re awesome for thinking of me.”
- “Thank you!”
How do you praise a woman?
Compliments for women
- Your mind is just as sexy as your beauty.
- I miss your smile.
- You’re an amazing friend.
- I can’t believe I found someone like you.
- I get excited every time I see you.
- I love making you laugh.
- You’re my best friend.
- I’ll always have your back.
Is gorgeous a good compliment?
Gorgeous is by far a more powerful and less common compliment than the usual beautiful or sexy. It implies that she’s so incredible that you just had to come up with a more gripping word to describe her.
How do you tell someone they’re nice?
Just say, “You’re beautiful.” You don’t need anything more complicated. Look directly into the person’s eyes, and earnestly tell them what you think. Say it with a smile. Try qualifying your words with a superlative.
What are some good compliments?
75 Compliments to Use When You Want to Say Something Nice
- Your positivity is infectious.
- You should be so proud of yourself.
- You’re amazing!
- You’re a true gift to the people in your life.
- You’re an incredible friend.
- I really appreciate everything that you do.
- You inspire me to be a better person.
How do I comment on a photo?
- Navigate to the project’s Photos tool.
- Click the photo you want to add a comment to.
- Click the information (i) icon if it is not already selected.
- Expand the ‘Comments’ section at the bottom of the Information section.
- Enter your comment in the text box that appears. …
- Click the Send arrow icon.
What are nice things to say?
So here’s a hundred ready-made compliments to try out yourself:
- You’re an awesome friend.
- You’re a gift to those around you.
- You’re a smart cookie.
- You are awesome!
- You have impeccable manners.
- I like your style.
- You have the best laugh.
- I appreciate you.
How do you tell a guy how amazing he is?
How To Compliment A Guy: 8 Things To Keep In Mind
- Make it true and sincere. …
- Make it specific. …
- Focus on what he prides himself on. …
- But compliment his other good points too. …
- Refer to how he makes you feel. …
- Unexpected compliments are good. …
- Decide how to deliver the compliment. …
- Don’t fish for a compliment back.
How do you compliment a guy in one word?
One-word compliment for a couple
- Loving – showing love or affection.
- Lovable – deserving affection.
- Hottie – an attractive person.
- Stunning – gorgeous, pretty, or handsome.
- Enticing – interesting or attractive.
- Charming – likeable to the point of getting attention from others in a positive way.
How do you tell a man he looks good?
How to Tell a Guy He’s Handsome over Text
- 1 “Good morning, handsome.”
- 2 “You’re the hottest guy I’ve ever known.”
- 3 “I miss your handsome face.”
- 4 “You looked so good today.”
- 5 “You look so handsome in that picture!”
- 6 “Send me a selfie.”
- 7 “We’re a pretty good-looking couple.”
Sharing is love, don’t forget to post this post !